How to Create a Sustainable Relationship with Digital Technology
May 4, 2017 at 9:00 am Pacific - online
As technology allows easier connection with our work, family, friends, and the world, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed in an era of 24/7/365 connection.
All of this constant connection can leave us feeling exhausted. The pace of media consumption and time spent in front of a screen is unsustainable.
Often, advice on how to use digital technology to avoid the sensation of “drinking from the firehose” is offered as a list of simple do’s and don’ts. However, this type of one-size-fits-all advice is rarely helpful. While tips such as “just check your email twice a day” may sound good, they may not be practical given your work demands.
This one-hour webinar is designed to offer frameworks for understanding your current digital technology use and helping you come up with a plan that will work for you.
We’ll combine two different modalities:
- Design Thinking: a set of tools used to understand a challenge, come up with prototypes or potential solutions, and repeatedly test and improve them.
- Mindfulness: using present sense awareness while exploring the challenge through the lens of curiosity rather than judgement and limiting set beliefs.
At the end of this workshop, you’ll:
- Understand the basics of design thinking and how you can apply it to better recognize your current patterns of digital technology use
- Come up with prototypes/solutions that you can test in your own life
- Gain a foundational understanding of mindfulness and cultivate a daily meditation practice so you can pause, reflect and align what you do with your values
Wealth, Wellness & Wisdom: An Unconference for Women Lawyers
Date TBD - New York, NY
This event is open to all lawyers who self-identify as women. As female lawyers, we have a unique opportunity to shape the practice of law and find ways of practicing that honor our authentic selves. We also face unique struggles. If you’ve ever wondered how to navigate a tricky work situation but were too afraid to seek advice, if you’ve ever felt as though you’re the only one struggling to find work/life balance, or wished for a safe space where you can explore other questions around wellness, wealth and wisdom, this event is for you.
Subscribe to our newsletter to learn more about this event and to get first access when registration opens!